[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks: a concrete suggestion

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Thu Feb 19 17:05:12 CST 2009

Three arguments for putting recipe ratings and discussion on a Talk
page:

1. It  encourages discussion about the recipe. I hate to clutter
documentation with "insider" comments. But on a Talk page, I'd feel
freer to say what I think - even if it's a minor point or something
I'm not sure about.

2. Conceptually it's less confusing and simpler to the reader. A de-
cluttered recipe page is more user friendly and inviting.

3. People may want to sign up for email notification about changes to
the recipe without being notified about every comment and rating added.

Randy