[pmwiki-users] Re-thinking Intro to markup pages

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Feb 19 22:29:17 CST 2009

John Rankin wrote:
> If people support this proposal, I will make a page for comment.
> However, I will not do anything while a number of people are expressing
> a strong preference for using directives on EditingForNewcomers.
I tend towards thinking that we should use (:markup:) on the Newcomers
page. I recall not even thinking of editing a page to look at markup,
and even after I did, it took me a while before I was comfortable enough
to 'read' through wiki markup and locate specific sections quickly.

I do however think there should be a little better output from markup. I
like the "This" "Produces this" kind of text. We could perhaps amend
(:markup:) to add descriptive text, but I suspect a note at the top
simply describing what the markup box looks like, and how to read it
should be enough.

  ~ ~ Dave