[pmwiki-users] New image/gallery recipe : Maxi, picture?viewer with inline zoom

rogutes at googlemail.com rogutes at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:48:34 CST 2009

Petko Yotov (2009-02-20 21:58):
> On Friday 20 February 2009 20:50:56 Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> > I would find this useful only for images that are wider than my screen
> > width (1280, currently) and this is not the case with the samples
>
> It *is* the case with the samples. The narrowest sample is 1656 pixels wide,
> others are 2048, 2216 and 2400 pixels wide. :-)

I meant images, that are rendered to the full width of my screen. Seeing
the samples on your page confined to <900px wide <div> boxes, the first
thought of mine was: "why do I have to zoom-scroll these images, if they
are only take 2/3 of my screen - there's more free space than that!". On
second thought, perhaps you have to confine them in boxes for
a demonstration page, because someone might visit with a 30" monitor...

> > 1. Moving the cursor over the image while it is loading makes the image
> >    disappear (it's like img:hover {background:white;}). Aren't there any
> >    people left with slow links?
>
> Right, this is a thing yet to be addressed. The download of the larger images
> starts right when the page loads, but if a visitor immediately moves over the
> picture, it may get blank. It should at least still display the low
> resolution image, possibly with a cursor:wait. I'll do it.

Is the lower resolution image needed at all?

<snip>

> P.S. I didn't expect that much reaction, it is just the usual announcement of
> yet another independent pmwiki recipe. It is not intended to be added to the
> core and all. Funny :-)

At the second PM proclaimed you the release manager, you automatically
earned additional respect - hence the reaction :)

Personally, I really liked your Mini recipe and the name of this one
suggested it was a big brother or something, so I checked it out...

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos