[pmwiki-users] wikiform ptv change

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Wed Feb 25 13:27:12 CST 2009

edwin marte wrote:
>     Another question has come to my mind. We are implementing some
>     searching mechanism to our wikilist (as Peter Bowers recipes
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiFormsRecipes ). Everything
>     is working and everything is being done manually. We kind of want to
>     get some statics from the wikilist so we want to be able to access
>     'count' value as a ptv if possible.
I'm not clear how these two things (search and count) are related. I
assume you're trying to show a count fo search results? If so, you can
use $$PageCount within the pagelist:
  (:template last:)
  {$$PageCount}

 >     get some statics from the wikilist so we want to be able to access
 >     'count' value as a ptv if possible.
It might help to understand what you want to do, and where you want to
use the count. However, If you're trying to track page hits/views then
there are a number of cookbooks that do this already,
Cookbook/TotalCounter for example.

>     The wikiform recipe mentioned that a count value was added (2006),
>     we imagine that this value is the one shown at the bottom of the
>     wikilits with the count of record found.  Is there a way where I can
>     use/pass the value to a PTV ? (if no possible already)
At this point I'm lost as to what you're referring to. Can you clarify?

  ~ ~ Dave