[pmwiki-users] Categorys, PmForms, and .pageindex

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Jan 5 19:15:30 CST 2009

DaveG wrote:
> The $PageTextVarPatterns is not too fussy where it goes. However, the
> Markup must not execute prior to the code that's handling the save
> processing of the PmForm. If it does execute then the code producing
> .pageindex will not process tags within the (::...::) markup.
Actually, I should more correctly say, that the Markup should not
execute if processing the PmForm. Basically we want to make the
new-delimited field look like regular text, to be processed normally.

> Fyi, .pageindex appears to get generated sometime during the Save process.
Note also, that only the currently saved page is processed .pageindex .
This means that if you change the Markup as I have here, and existing
pages use Categories, they will not be picked up as link-backs. You'll
need to edit or process every page to ensure the .pageindex is up to
date. Not sure if there is an automated way to achieve this.

  ~ ~ Dave