[pmwiki-users] Automatic generation of image height / width?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Jan 6 10:15:41 CST 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 16:42:20 Russ wrote:
> Thanks Petko ... that does exactly what I was looking for!
>
> Thanks to Stephane for his suggestion, and to Dave for the additional
> steps to speed up the download times.  At the moment the page causing
> the problems is an overview displaying a number of individual listing
> pages, each with one or more logos using includes ... we're changing it
> over so the listing data is stored in PTVs and using a styled pagelist
> (instead of including dozens of pages), so hopefully all the changes
> will speed up the visitor experience.

A simple include should be faster than a PTV, and you can speed up your page
if you have less includes. That means, your data is split into a smaller
total number of wiki pages.

See also the $PageListCacheDir variable that allows you to cache the result of
pagelists and speed up the processing.

  http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PagelistVariables#PageListCacheDir

All pagelist cache is removed if any wiki page changes, so if your wiki is
very often edited, this may not be faster (on pmwiki.org it is disabled for
the same reason), but for sites that have many visits between edits it is
good.

Also note that a pageist is fastest with a trail of pages (even no need to
cache it). It is in the form (:pagelist trail=Group.ListOfPages
fmt=#include:) . See
   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists
   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiTrails

Thanks,