[pmwiki-users] History Snapshots?

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:59:41 CST 2009

> In the history diff page, click "revert" or "undo" or something just above the
> edit you want to preview. Then instead of saving the page simply Preview.
>
> Is that what you are looking for?

That's really awkward to use, especially if you want to look at
multiple revisions

view history
select revert
view preview (not always displayed automatically in all skins)
cancel

view history
select a different revert
view preview
cancel

etc

This was listed as a "planned enhancement" back in 2005:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/17021/focus=17023

although by 20006 this has been changed to "when/if":
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/28573/

At least one PITS addresses the subject: http://www.pmwiki.org/PITS/00220

There are a number of other mail threads in the archives related to it.

I'm very interested in being able to see the page _as_it_looked_ at
any given point. I need to start looking at the code more... I should
start bugging the devel-list with questions later this week.

-the Other michael
http://www.xradiograph.com/

Sent from John's Wireless BlackBerry StringCan iPhone