[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 16 09:24:58 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 03:09:08PM +0100, Christian Ridderström wrote:

> Question: Are we talking about Petko filling two roles, or do you seem
> them as very closely integrated? (The answer later in your post seem to
> indicate the former).

I view it as two separate roles, but they're also roles that can be
filled by more than one person should we want to expand the team
further in the future.

>> firm believer in the value of time-based releases -- i.e., releases
>> that ...
>> going to let him to determine the frequency and timing to be used, but
>> I ask that we have a new release of PmWiki at least once per month.
>
> My guess is that monthly releases will be to often, but I suggest it's
> something to be discussed completely separately.

I don't think they'll be too often -- if nothing else we'll have
documentation updates that ought to be incorporated into
the release.  And in prior years when I was more heavily involved
there were easily multiple releases in a month, so I'm hoping things
can get back to that state in 2009.