[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

Michael Shanley mike at upisup.com
Fri Jan 16 13:16:55 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>wrote:

> I'm not at all opposed to providing pre-packaged downloads,
> where select recipes are included as part of the bundle.
> However, part of the issue is figuring out where to put them --
> if we keep them in "cookbook/", a PmWiki upgrade or downgrade
> runs the risk of overwriting someone's (upgraded/modified)
> cookbook recipe unexpectedly.
>
> If we solve that, then we could community-wide select recipes
> that are worthy of inclusion in the distribution.

Perhaps there be a /bundles directory, so a user could just
include('/bundle/gallery/bundleconfig.php');...
/cookbook/bundles
+--/blog
+--/cms
+--/gallery
....+--bundleconfig.php
....+--somerecipe1.php
....+--somerecipe2.php
....+--somerecipe3.php

And better yet, use bundleconfig.php in such a way that a user could disable
any recipe from config.php. That way, the-average-user could easily upgrade
while feeling comfortable that everything will just work.

Mike