[pmwiki-users] Include an external pmwiki page that is accessible via a URL.

Bo Peng ben.bob at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 08:55:17 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Radu Luchian <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> If the external pages are formatted like the pages in wiki.d (or wikilib.d),
> they are stored on the same server as the wiki, and the server process has
> RW access to them, all you have to do is set up a new PageStore.
>
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/CustomPageStore

Because sourceforge.net uses different servers for subversion and web,
the files are not directly accessible from the web server.

> Otherwise, you have to be more specific in what you mean by 'include'. If
> you want to just display them, it's relatively easy. If you want to be able
> to edit them too ("so that pmwiki can process it as if I have entered
> through the edit box"), then in my experience, the conditions I mentioned in
> the first paragraph have to hold.

I only need to display them (read-only), like includeSite. However, I
would like pmwiki to process and display the content of the URL,
rather than simply wrap it in a frame.

Putting this to an extreme, what I want to do are:

1. Manage core documents (in pmwiki format) of my project in a
subversion server. (I do not want to have two copies of the same
document).
2. Edit these documents locally and submit them to my subversion
repository. (This is easier to do than logging in to my website).
3. pmwiki website gets the latest version from the subversion web
interface, and display them. (This is almost there with includeSite,
but the output is unnatural).

Note that I do not have to login to my pmwiki website to change the
content, because the content is essentially managed locally.

Thanks,
Bo