[pmwiki-users] line break keeping page store (repost)

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Jan 20 11:33:48 CST 2009

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 04:25:40PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
>> Therefore I suggest an additional/alternative PageStore format where
>> line breaks in the page text are kept unencoded.
>
>This can be most usefully done (or prototyped) as a recipe.
>There's no reason it has to go into the core, nor should it
>need core support.

ack. "simply create a new PageStore object" <g>.

I'm not able to do it good or in finite time. Martin Fick wrote
2008-03 "I can't imagine this being more than a short evening's
work"... I'm afraid it would take me several days and the result would
not be what I consider "production grade".

And since it is a vital component, it had to be maintained together
with PmWiki. Maybe I could run PmWiki without some fancy skin if it is
incompatible with a new release, but it wouldn't be very satisfying
without a working page store.

Oliver