[pmwiki-users] User rating of cookbook recipes

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 20 12:44:58 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:
> Jan Erik Moström wrote:
>
>>One problem I've had when there are several different recipes that do
>>similar things is to chose which one to use. I don't really have a
>
> ack.
>
>>good idea of how to solve the problem but it would useful to have some
>>kind of quality/popularity indicator. It might making the selection
>>easier.
>
> You don't get a quality rating, and not even a popularity rating. At
> best, you get an "enthusiasm" rating.
>
> And in many cases, there is no "best solution", but you have to weigh
> your own special preferences.

I don't really get your point at all. If you want to use ratings, use
them. If you want to ignore them, ignore them. Base your decision on
comments or whatever else you want. But because you don't see merit in
"enthusiasm" is no reason to not make that information available to
others who might.

Of course, if Pm has questions about the code, that's one thing. But
your personal disdain for voting is hardly a compelling reason to not
offer something like that to other users. Esp new users who have no
idea where to start...

Cheers,
Dan