[pmwiki-users] Notify from sourceforge.net does not work?

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:55:26 CST 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Bo Peng wrote:

> I would like to make use of scripts/notify.php to send me emails when
> the site is changed. I added
>
> $EnableNotify = 1;
> $NotifyList[] = 'notify=myemail';
> $NotifyFile = '/home/groups/p/pr/project/persistent/wiki.d/.notifylist'
>
> to my local config.php. The last line is needed because only the
> 'persistent' directories under sourceforge.net is writable.
>
> Although I can see a .notifylist file when I edit the site, I do not get
> any email from sourceforge.net. I tried different email addresses
> without success. Does anyone know what might go wrong? I suspect that
> sourceforge.net does not provide mail service but I am not quite sure.

Hi Bo,

Do you see any notification mails from that site?

Have you tried runing a mail command manually?

When I debugged some of this stuff on the lyx site, I think I first
manually invoked the code that sends to mail to check that this works. You
can try that as well.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr