[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Jan 25 20:10:13 CST 2009

>On Saturday 24 January 2009 19:27:19 Eemeli Aro wrote:
>> 2009/1/24 Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr>:
>I meant, it is on one line, just "* vote/voice", "argument", "signature".
>> given that this thing ought to have some kind of
>> interface for quickly adding one's opinion.
>
>I am not sure we *need* a form to quickly add everyone's
>opinion.

It's not essential, but here are a couple of reasons:

- if I understand the proposal, the vote/voice is a controlled
  vocabulary ("choose one of these words when recording your view");
  it's easier and more useful if the words are shown in a pick list,
  otherwise, you have to list them somewhere, and people wishing to
  add an opinion have to look up the list, or make up their own word

  this is not a problem with the example given, where the only
  options are support, oppose, comment

- editing a large recipe page is not quick; OTOH...

>There is no point in making it too easy to add an opinion (easier than it is
>required to have quality comments).
>
>Petko

JR
--