[pmwiki-users] Improving PITS

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Thu Jul 9 01:29:27 CDT 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:

>> >* Inactive discussions (no edits for 180+ days) are automatically labeled
>> > and moved to a sub-page, instead of cluttering the main page.
>>
>> IMO there should be also a view of this list sorted by "expiration
>> date", else it will be very hard to catch entries slipped to
>> "inactive" by accident.
>
>If one edits (and saves) the "inactive" entry, the entry becomes "active" and
>returns automatically to the main list.

I know, but I wanted to address another problem: There are long
pending issues where "everything is said", therefore there is no need
to edit this entry again and again. It would go "inactive"
undeservedly.

Therefore one has to look at the "inactive" entries from time to time
to catch these. For this task, it would be useful to have the youngest
entries listed first.

As I'm writing this, I dislike the automatic "inactive" setting
somewhat, although I consider it a useful temporary workaround to get
rid of the tons of inactive, obsolete or even resolved but not
"closed" issues in PITS.

I started looking at the "inactive list yesterday evening, but found
that my knowledge is too limited to rate most of the entries.

For example: Shouldn't 00430 be "closed"? I can't reproduce this
issue. Someone might _know_ whether it's fixed.

Oliver