[pmwiki-users] Changing passwords with forms

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 06:18:58 CDT 2009

Thursday, July 9, 2009, 11:29:21 AM, Martin Kerz wrote:

> is it possible to change the standard edit/upload/attr passwords of
> the config.php file using PTVs? I would like to create a config page,
> that is only accessible using a hard coded admin password, on which
> the admin can define global passwords for editing/uploading/
> attributing using FoxEdit.

you probably need to instal PmWiki.AuthUser
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser
which gives you  a page SiteAdmin.AuthUser
where you can set passwords and acces for users and user groups.

Then you can try and configure Fox to make edits on that page.
Note that Fox cannot by default change content on pages of the
SiteAdmin group, you need to change the $FoxAuth array, and i think
you have to redefine it so the SiteAdmin group is not excluded,
and possibly exclude individual pages from that group for higher
security.

  ~Hans