[pmwiki-users] Passing arguments to a PmWiki page

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Jul 13 08:47:21 CDT 2009

On Monday 13 July 2009 13:53:44 Harry Forsdick wrote:
> Part of my PmWiki based website has a page where product items are
> presented in a short form.  For each item listed I would like to have a
> link to a single "ItemDetails" page to which I can pass arguments.  This
> way, I can create just one page whose content changes based on the
> arguments passed to it.

Maybe the recipe HttpVariables might be used?

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HttpVariables

After installing it, in your product list, you make links like this:
  [[ItemDetails?color=blue&price=19&size=XXL | xx-large, blue]]
  [[ItemDetails?color=red&price=18&size=XL | x-large, red]]

In your ItemDetails page, you have:
 * Color :  {$?color}
 * Size  :  {$?size}
 * Price :  {$?price}