[pmwiki-users] Creating a new page from a form

Steven Benmosh wordz2u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:56:45 CDT 2009

I am interested in creating a new page using a text form. The text form
would have input fields that correspond to those in my usual template.

In order to get an idea of what I have to add, I created a new page, without
any content, and looked at the page using a text editor.

Here is my file content - the file name is cakes.Cakes:

--- output starts---
version=pmwiki-2.1.27 ordered=1 urlencoded=1
agent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12)
Gecko/2009070811 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.12
author=
csum=
ctime=1248872369
host=192.168.1.1
name=Cakes.Cakes
rev=1
targets=
text=
time=1248872369
author:1248872369=
diff:1248872369:1248872369:=
host:1248872369=192.168.1.1

---output ends---

Am I right to assume that I can create a new file using the form, with each
line corresponding to a form variable, and add the content I want to create
after the Text field, or is it a little more complicated than that?

I am not sure how to add such a form into pmwiki, so I will probably create
it as a regular php/html page and process it using php.

Thanks for your help,

Z.

--
Check out my web site - www.words2u.net