[pmwiki-users] How to prepend text to the change summary in a local PmWiki edit form

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Fri Jun 5 15:00:36 CDT 2009

How do I prepend text to the change Summary when the user edits using
a local PmWiki edit form?

For example, If the user enters "I changed X" I want to prepend
"Modified {*$FullName} - " and have the summary end up as "Modified
MyPage - I changed X"

Hans provided a patch to Fox that makes Fox forms do the prepend.
However, PmWiki's "(:input e_changesummary:)" offers no way to do
anything similar. I tried replacing that directive with:

$[Summary]: (:input text summary size=100:)\
(:input hidden csum "$[Modified]: {$$summary}":)\\

but the result was "Modified: {$$summary}" - no substitution.

Am I using the wrong syntax? If not, could a similar patch to what
Hans did for Fox could be made to PmWiki? Or is there another solution?

Randy