[pmwiki-users] slow saves

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 8 16:46:17 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 04:20:03AM +0800, Paul Lewis wrote:
> I am having problems with edits at a Pmwiki site at http://heniford.net/4321.
> Saving edits takes around 1 minute for me. Another contributor to the site is
> getting 404 error msgs when he attempts to save a page.
>
> I thought maybe updating to the latest stable version of Pmwiki might help
> (which I did last night), but the problem persists.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong or how I could fix this
> problem?

I suspect either a recipe is causing a timeout, or PmWiki is having
difficulty updating the .pageindex .

Try removing the .pageindex file from wiki.d/ and see if that improves
things.  If that doesn't do it, then I'd start looking at recipes,
or look in wiki.d/ and see if there are any very large (possibly hidden)
files that are being updated with each page save.