[pmwiki-users] FoxEdit & Category

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 16:20:30 CDT 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 9:29:57 PM, adam overton wrote:

> i'm currently looking for a workaround for my aforementioned Category problem.
> i've noticed that if the page with the [[!Keyword]] markup just
> gets saved normally (i.e. edit, then save, without changing
> anything), all the necessary behind the scenes stuff happens
> (SaveAttributes, PostPageIndex) resulting in a working Category.Keyword page.

> the workaround that i thought could work but currently gives me
> errors goes something like this - instead of having fox/foxedit
> redirect=1 (i.e. to the same page), have it redirect to the same
> page with ?action=updatePage where the appropriate functions are
> called. here's my code in config.php:

sorry, i totally lost you there, both in  understanding th eproblem
and in understanding what kind of "workaround" you are trying to
build  and for what end.

Regards redirect from after Fox finished the page processes:
if you want to pass on url parameters like ?action=....
you need to use a parameter urlfmt=... in the fox markup,
and it needs the full url, not just Group.PageName, but
something like
urlfmt="{$ScriptUrl}?n=Group.Page?action=someaction"

I can't help you with the workaround code.

  ~Hans