[pmwiki-users] CleanURLs problem in apache 2.2

Chris Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Thu Jun 18 15:35:33 CDT 2009

My example:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ http://labs.mycompany.com/Main/HomePage
RewriteRule ^[/]*$ /pmwiki/pmwiki.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z~].*)$ /pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^up/([^/a-z~].*)$ /pmwiki/up/$1 [QSA,L]

(my site is an intranet, internal site)

Rule1: Just labs takes you to the PmWiki Main/HomePage by default
Rule2: /, the root is /pmwiki/pmwiki.php, can't remember exactly all the
reasons for this one.
Rule3: Anything that starts from the root that is not a-z, is a PmWiki
page.
Rule4: Treat up as a shortcut to the uploads area (we allow that)

We DO NOT have any index.html, index.php at our document root.
The rewrites should handle where to go.

Also, notice the rules for "groups" that begin with lowercase a-z.
This allows url's that have root names with a lowercase to be handled
directly by apache  instead of PmWiki, so we can have a nicely blended
environment (note the exception shortcut for "up").

For example:

http://labs/cacti

goes directly to our cacti SNMP pages.  And:

http://labs/Cacti

Would go to the default PmWiki page for the Cacti group.

Our config.php has some pretty specific stuff to handle redirection for
SSL things (stuff that has NOT been documented anywhere).  So I don't
want to pass that info since it will likely just confuse folks.

We do have (duh):
$EnablePathInfo = 1;

(we can talk about SSL separately)

I'm probably leaving out something important...