[pmwiki-users] Another stab at ratings...

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Mar 7 17:18:24 CST 2009

On Saturday 28 February 2009 12:41:38 Petko Yotov wrote:
> I forgot to mention that a while ago we discussed this format :
> * (+) Excellent, I use it. [[~Petko]] (datestamp)
> * (-) Didn't work for me, PHP 7 required. [[~Peter Bowers]] (datestamp)
>
> That is : asterisk, (special markup keyword), optional comment, signature.

Hi. I'd like to let you know that as of today there are two new recipes that
allow us to count votes (opinions, comments) and display a simple rating on a
recipe page and on the cookbook pagelist categories.

Both recipes use the same format we discussed a while ago --
  * (+) comment signature
-- and concentrate on the simple count of "generally" positive or negative
votes, a reader can always read the full  on the page.

Technically, the good things of such a simple voting format are at least two:
* we can easily add votes by editing manually the page,
* a form could be added at some point, if we need it.

Please see these recipes :
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/VoteCounter  has more  options
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Rating2      has fewer options

We are discussing this in order to add user ratings to the Cookbook recipes.
Both these scripts and the other in the "Voting" category could be used for
the task, and things can certainly be improved, so all comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Petko