[pmwiki-users] notify - can to use multiple subjects and body texts from one wiki?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Mar 19 07:02:09 CDT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 06:49:57 david roundell wrote:
> in one instance i have a group called ServerReboot with a wikiform to
> action the request. an email is generated, in the style of:
>

> subject of mail - Server Reboot Request
>
> body of mail - To view the request please visit:
> http://name/index.php?n=ServerReboot.00017
>
> i appreciate it's not good practice editing the scripts themselves (in case
> of future upgrades). it was just easier for me!

You should not edit core scripts (please revert them), just place your changes
in your local/config.php file, or in your local/ServerReboot.php file. For
example, in ServerReboot.php:

<?php
 $NotifySubjectFmt = 'Server Reboot Request';
 $NotifyBodyFmt = "To view the request please visit: \$NotifyItems\n";

The configuration file pmwiki/local/ServerReboot.php will be called by PmWiki
when a visitor opens a page in the ServerReboot group. Only, here you use
  $SomeVariable = 'Some value';
  instead of SDV($SomeVariable, 'Some value');

> my question is whilst i can be informed of changes in my three groups, how
> do i have the email worded differently according to which group the request
> came from? how do i specify different notify statements in notify.php? is
> it something obvious?!

You add local/AnotherGroup.php file where you place your different settings
for this group. (All settings that are repeatedly the same, will go in
local/config.php.) See http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PerGroupCustomizations
about the "<groupname>.php" configuration.

Thanks,
Petko