[pmwiki-users] 90,000 Session Files

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Mar 20 01:28:15 CDT 2009

> I've temporarily reduced the values to a couple of days, to see if that
> at least reduces the history of files. Is there a way to prevent session
> files being created by spammers?

Don't stop at just preventing session files being created!  Strike back!
Put this in your config.php:

if (is_a_spammer($AuthId)) {
   delete_session();
   print_nasty_words_on_screen();
   tell_his_mommy_hes_a_bad_boy();
   send_electric_shock($dest='spammer', $via='keyboard');
   install_virus();
   hide_1_sock_from_each_pair($device=WASHING_MACHINE);
   scratch_favorite_cd();
   acme_corrupter(array('backups', 'registry', 'harddisk', 'frontallobe'));
   jam_zipper();
   recalibrate_frig_to_melt_items(array('ice_cream', 'butter'));
   reprogram_autodial(array('from'=>'*', 'to'=>'mother-in-law'));
   transfer_bank_acct($from='spammer', $to='me');
   send_mad_attack_goat($home_address);
}

Note that some of these features work only in PHP5.  And the mad attack goat
is available only through a special PEAR install - it doesn't come in the
default configuration on any systems I've ever worked on.

-Peter

PS Apologies to the anonymous anti-chain-letter email that circulates every
few years.