[pmwiki-users] pagelist extension - experimental

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Sat Mar 21 09:51:53 CDT 2009

Peter Bowers wrote:
> PmWiki has had this capability for quite some time (not sure which beta of
> 2.2.0).  The disadvantage is that it can't take advantage of the .pageindex
> and thus every page has to be opened and considered...
>
> -Peter

Exactly, and this is really an disadvantage by the storing pages in
group.name / .pageindex concept cause the important criteria of listing
pages  isn't always it's pagename, think of something like

    group=x $:Livecycle=Review $:Importance=Hight $:Status=-Closed

and all the other examples which has been made.

There's a Cookbook:SQLite where one feature is the indexing of ptv's. So
if all the ptv's where indexed, search queries like the one above
would't be a problem.

So my conclusion is that it we improve pagelist we should store page's
in a database.

grz nos