[pmwiki-users] Why won't my skins change?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Mar 22 14:32:53 CDT 2009

Timm wrote:
> I am moving a site from an old 1.x pmwiki install to a 2.x install.  I'm
> trying to get my skins to change to newspaper or maguila, but for some
> reason I cannot accomplish this.  I change the Skin paratmeter in
> config.php to 'newspaper' or to 'maguila', and I am still looking at the
> pmwiki skin.  I do have a newspaper and a maguila folder under the skins
> directory.  I know it's reading my config.php, as the icon I have in the
> 'newspaper' folder is being displayed.
First thing I'd do is find out if the CSS is visible to the world. Take
a look at the HTML source that's sent to the browser. Find the .css
line, and copy/paste the .css URL into a new browser window. If no page
is loaded, then you probably either put the skin in the wrong place, or
have the wrong permissions.

  ~ ~ Dave