[pmwiki-users] Help! Cannot fix AuthUsers

Iannis Zannos zannos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:10:55 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have managed to totally break the authorization mechanism of my pmwiki.
I was successfully using AuthUsers for a while, but can no longer do so.
I have not performed any version update nor changed my AuthUsers
installation.
But I did try to remove the AuthUsers package and all DefaultPasswords
settings
and I removed the cookie mechanism by quoting out the following:
if($AuthId && !@$_COOKIE[$AuthorCookie]) {
     $Author = $AuthId; setcookie($AuthorCookie,
   $Author, $AuthorCookieExpires, $AuthorCookieDir); }

And I did empty my cache and remove cookies from Firefox.

The present situation:
- If in the config.php file I comment out all password related lines, then I
can edit pages -
  but I still cannot see or edit Site/AuthUsers or SiteAdmin/AuthUsers. (!)
- If in the config.php I add a line something like:
  $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = 'admin';
Then I can log in as 'admin', but that makes no change to the edit
capabilities.
Same for $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'edit';

What this means is i can no longer use neither the default password
protection mechanism, nor the AuthUser mechanism.

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Iannis Zannos