[pmwiki-users] Custom views and pagelists not promptly updated

Olaf Marzocchi 550242083288-0001 at t-online.de
Sat May 2 12:42:13 CDT 2009

In article
<784f80490905020824n4d3a18b2k849f7aabed558b22 at mail.gmail.com>,
 Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:

> Ah, I see, pagelist doesn't expand variables in the same order/manner
> as normal markup.  My bad.
>
> Try this in your template instead:
>
> (:template each:)
> * Page={=$FullName}, Title={{=$FullName}$:title{$View}}
>
> I tested it and it works fine.  (See
> http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php/Lang/PageList)
>
> It feels very inefficient (it feels like each page will have to be
> re-read again), but I think pmwiki's PCache will keep that from being
> a problem...

Thanks, it works! But now let's speculate... is your solution faster,
and/or stylistically better than the

[[#titlesummaryen]]
(:template each:)
[[{=$FullName} | {=$:titleen}]]
-> {=$:descriptionen} ({=$LastModified})

I had found previously working?
I would say it is perfectly equivalent, since both should find
everything in the pageindex cache.
Am I correct?

Thank you very much for the help,
Olaf