[pmwiki-users] FoxEdit & new sections

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Fri May 8 19:35:23 CDT 2009

Hi

I'm just discovering that FoxEdit might be the solution to several
problems, which is exciting.
However, I'm running into one hitch:

For instance, on the page i have below, trying to edit the absent PTV
'testPTV2' will result in the creation of 'testPTV2' at the bottom of
the document. But, when trying to call the absent section
'#testSection2', I just get redirected back to the 'browse' page.

My question then:
is it possible to edit an absent/non-yet-existing section, and have
FoxEdit create and add it to the page?

thanks,
adam

. . .

EDITING PTVS:
. this PTV exists, and can be edited
    {[foxedit testPTV1 label="edit testPTV1"]}
. this PTV doesn't exist, but will be created after hitting the edit
button
    {[foxedit testPTV2 label="edit testPTV2"]}

EDITING SECTIONS:
. this section exists, and can be edited
    {[foxedit #testSection1 label="edit testSection1"]}
. this section doesn't exist, and can't yet be edited
    {[foxedit #testSection2 label="edit testSection2"]}

(:if false:)
[[#testSection1]]
blah testSection 1 blammo
[[#testSection1end]]

(:testPTV1:testPTV1 blanggg:)
(:ifend:)

Visible:
(:include Test.Index#testSection1#testSection1end:)

test PTV1: {$:testPTV1}