[pmwiki-users] pmwiki and Active Directory

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri May 15 04:48:36 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Tom <info at aurlund.no> wrote:

> ("bottom" posting:. :-) )

Thank you for humoring me... :-)

> I have done the following changes in my config.php-file:
>
> $DefaultPasswords[$idinfo[3] = "id:" . $idinfo[1];

$DefaultPasswords is an array.  Array references (like in this assignment)
in PHP consist of the variable name ($DefaultPasswords) followed by an
open-square-bracket followed by some sort of index (whether numeric or
string) *followed by a close-square-bracket*.  In this case your index is
$idinfo[3] (an array element itself, so requiring both the open- and
close-square-bracket) but there's no close-square-bracket following that.
Try this:

$DefaultPasswords[$idinfo[3]] = "id:" . $idinfo[1];

That should take care of at least one syntax error and get you back into
hopefully seeing something on the page.

There are lots of PHP tutorials out there on the web.  If you're going to be
doing much work in this at all it will be well worth your investment of a
couple hours to run through one or 2 of these...

Location of logs, displaying errors -- I'll leave those to someone who works
more regularly on the configuration of sites.  I tend to get a few sites
working and then do all my work on those without messing with the
configuration anymore so I forget how to set/find those things...  It seems
like PHP has some php.ini setting to say whether or not to display errors
(it's supposed to be turned off on production sites but during development
you need to see them, obviously) and that's probably where your problem
is...

-Peter