[pmwiki-users] More beginner skinnier questions....

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Oct 22 08:58:00 CDT 2009

~Jami wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I would like to have category headings in the left nav bar not linked -
> how would I do this?
The sidebar is stored in a file called Site.Sidebar. So you could edit
that file, and remove the linking brackets, so "%sidehead%
[[PmWiki/PmWiki]]" becomes:
%sidehead% PmWiki

> I would like to move the bread crumbs from where it is to another
> location, what is it called so I can find it in the tmpl file?
Not sure what you mean by breadcrumb here. But you're looking in the
right place. the .tmpl file will either contain it, or include a file
which contains it. If you see lines like:
   <!--wiki:{$Group}.SideBar {$SiteGroup}.SideBar-->

That's including other files, in this case either {$Group}.SideBar (the
current group), or if that doesn't exist, then Site.SideBar.

> Is there a master list of what things are called, where to find them and
> how to move or remove/hide them?
You're basically changing the skin, so that's where to look.
PmWiki/SkinTemplates probably has much of the info you'll need.

> And the 'big one' - has anyone created a sidebar having category
> headings with collapsing expanding links appearing underneath?
Take a look under Cookbook/Menus, there's possibly a cookbook that does
that. Or find a skin that has that feature and use that as a starting
point. Possibly the Cookbook/ShowHide might help.

  ~ ~ David