[pmwiki-users] news scroller into pmwiki pages

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Oct 26 07:57:33 CDT 2009

Fabio Palladino wrote:
> I've tried to include the the code
>
> <iframe width="180" height="215" src="scroller_newstic.html" SCROLLING="no" FRAMEBORDER="0" border=0></iframe>
>
> to generate some kind of news scroller into the pmwiki.tmpl file suggested by this site: http://www.news-scroller.com/... and had no success.
>
> My doubt: I would like to buy the product but I'm not sure it will work.
> Can anybody help or give a better suggestion to have the same effect?
If this one doesn't seem to work, there are a huge number of free
utilities that do the news scrolling effect. Here's a few, most of which
should integrate with PmWiki with little problem:
http://www.webdesignbooth.com/create-a-vertical-scrolling-news-ticker-with-jquery-and-jcarousel-lite/
http://woork.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-implement-news-ticker-with.html
http://www.gcmingati.net/wordpress/wp-content/lab/jquery/newsticker/jq-liscroll/scrollanimate.html
http://www.yeesiang.com/jquery.autoScroller/