[pmwiki-users] if equal value1 value2 = if equal vale2 value1 ??

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Oct 31 07:23:42 CDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:16 AM, ABClf <languefrancaise at gmail.com> wrote:
> should : if equal VALUE1 VALUE2 give same results as : if equal VALUE2
> VALUE1 ?

> On PmWiki,
> (:pagelist group=Cookbook if="equal Stable {=$:Status}":) (a)
> (:pagelist group=Cookbook if="equal {=$:Status} Stable":) (b)

It's a spaces/quotes issue.  Apparently the "equal" condition ignores
any subsequent arguments after the 2 that it is comparing for
equality.  Thus:

...if="equal abc abc"
...if="equal abc abc def ghi"

will both result in true.  "abc" is equal to "abc" and the "def" and
"ghi" are ignored.  However,

...if="equal abc 'abc def ghi'"

(using single quotes to hold 'abc def ghi' together as a single string
for the second argument) will result in false.

Note the additional example I placed on this page:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageListIf2

-Peter