[pmwiki-users] URL problem

Robert Matthews RMatthews at ms.soph.uab.edu
Wed Sep 2 10:27:42 CDT 2009

In both IE 7 and Firefox 3.5, a FILE:// url works fine if typed directly
into the browser, but not if it's on a Pmwiki page. The problem appears
to be the PHP code that PMWiki is written in. We have a very tightly
controlled intranet with a relatively small number of users behind a
firewall. We want the ability to simply click on a FILE://  link and
access the page. We have found a kludgy solution using an add-on for
Firefox named 'Localhost', but nothing for IE. Any solutions?

Thanks,
Robert Matthews