[pmwiki-users] page stores

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 11:06:21 CDT 2009

Friday, September 4, 2009, 11:11:39 PM, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:

> BTW, I just did a search on optimize on pmwiki.org and didn't find an
> "optimize page". Could somebody create one and place it from the main
> left menu with this kind of tips.

The documentation has this page:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStructure
which mentions "optimize". But the page reads more like a stub and
lacks more detailed explanations about the various elements which
makes up the wiki structure. It provides links to the relevant pages
though. Any optimization tips should IMO be part of the page which
explains an aspect in detail, like PageList.

Cookbook/PerGroupSubDirectories is linked from
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks
via a footnote under heading "Other organisation"
subheading "Page store directories".

The instructions on Cookbook/PerGroupSubDirectories are precise
and taken the pagestore optimization into account.
Thanks Eemili and Petko for the explanations to my question!
I still wonder if they should be added to Cookbook/PerGroupSubDirectories
as a side note, which may be good for someone wondering why
some parts of the instructions use {$FullName} and others $FullName.

I don't think a separate OptimizePmWiki page is necessary.

  ~Hans