[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Sep 9 06:23:12 CDT 2009

Hans wrote:

[...]

>One thing I would love to add sometime, but don't know how yet,
>because it is complex, is:
>How to do a proper AND search:
>return lines or paras with both 'abc' AND 'xyz' terms, but not any
>with only one of them.

If this worked, your recipe would make a nice generic search box.

Who knows how long "Show search terms in context" will remain in the
road map.

>At present entering 'abc xyz' is the same as entering '"abc" "xyz"',
>and only the complete string will be matched.
>I could enter 'abc.*xyz' but that does not match 'xyz.*abc'
>I could enter '(abc.*xyz)|(xyz.*abc)', which will get both abc and
>xyz together. But you see how complicated the input gets, and the
>highlighting will fail.

But highlighting two different words works, e.g. seperated|underneath.

Another question: How hard would it be to define the extent of the
extract not in paragraphs or lines but in words? Some paragraphs are
too long (e.g. change log, release notes), while others are too short
to give enough context.

Oliver