[pmwiki-users] Shared Pages

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:06:09 CDT 2009

There is a useful recipe
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SharedPages<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SharedPages-Talk>

that I am trying to use so I can share some pages between my intranet, and
my external website.

In config.php I have
  $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/$Group/$FullName');
  $LockFile = "/home/tahi/public_html/pmwiki/wikishared.d/.flock";
  $WikiLibDirs = array(
     &$WikiDir,
     new
PageStore('/home/tahi/public_html/pmwiki/wikishared.d/$Group/$FullName', 1),
     new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));

What I want to achieve is having some shared groups of pages that can be
updated and added to (ie new pages) from both websites.
Where a group is not in the shared directory I want it to update the local
website folder (this happens now).

My understanding of the above (its not on the page, but I will add it if I
am right),
is that existing pages are updated in their existing locations, but new
pages are added in to local folder.
This is because of the ordering of the WikiLibDirs array.

Now there is a separate thread about page stores etc,
perhaps that discussion could be expanded encompass the use of multiple
stores,
and shared uploads directories as well,
with the capability to work on a group basis.

If anyone can suggest how I can have all new pages in a shared group only be
added the the shared directory I would appreciate it

thanks

Simon

A corollorry questions

I can test for a pagename in config.php by using   $pagename =
ResolvePageName($pagename);
How can I test for a groupname in config.php?