[pmwiki-users] AuthUserSignup install error

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 03:58:45 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Gabriele Azzaro <gazzaro at gazzaro.it> wrote:
> Trying to install AuthUserSignup, which looks really powerful.
> But I get "ERROR: WikiSh.Read: You do not have "read" authorization for page
> Login.Signup. See SecLayer configuration" on the login page
> , where the username
> field is also impenetrable...
>
> I have followed the instructions to the letter twice, even tried to edit
> attr to @nopass for all Login.Signup, Login.Confirm and Login.Confirmed
> files. Where can the error be? Thanks for any help. Gabriele

Can you confirm that your file SiteAdmin.WikiShAuth looks like this
(be sure that you have used copy/paste rather than re-typing it as a
small typo can mess things up completely) (what I've got below is
copy/pasted exactly from the
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserSignup#wikish page, so you
don't need to check carefully if you've already copy/pasted from that
page):

===(snip)===
edit=append,prepend,insert,overwrite,create
all=read,edit
Temp.*: all
(:if name Login.Confirm:)
SiteAdmin.AuthUser:read,append,forceread,forceedit
SiteAdmin.AuthUserExtra*:read,overwrite,forceread,forceedit
Login.Confirm:read
(:if name Login.Signup:)
SiteAdmin.AuthUser:read,append,overwrite,forceread,forceedit
SiteAdmin.AuthUserExtra*:read,append,overwrite,forceread,forceedit,create
Login.Signup:read
(:ifend:)

Can you confirm that you have this line in your config.php:

slParsePage($pagename, "SiteAdmin.WikiShAuth", $wshAuthPage);

Those are the key points to taking care of the error you are encountering...

If you confirm both of those, could you send me a copy of your
config.php (after editing out any passwords) so I can look to see if
there are any problems there?

-Peter