[pmwiki-users] Complete lack of understand of the password protection of whole site

mintra john at mintra.com
Mon Apr 12 10:44:10 CDT 2010

Hi

We have been log term users of PMwiki.

We have had to move to a different server and installed the latest
version of PMwiki on Centos5.4 this is inside a virtualmin hosting
environment.

All I want at this stage is to password protect the whole site.

Though I have done this before, it is a skill that has now eluded me,
even with repeated reading of the documentation.

In my local/config.php file I put various versions of

DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('mypassword');
DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('mypassword');
DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('mypassword');
DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('mypassword');

All I get is a blank screen when these are in place.

Non of the error logs show anything.

What else do I need to do?

I appreciative your help as we miss our wiki

John