[pmwiki-users] How to force-update the pageindex

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Wed Aug 11 22:38:04 CDT 2010

On 8/11/2010 9:46 PM, Randy Brown wrote:
> I now believe I've managed to delete the old pageindex, but until it's rebuilt my pagelists are returning incorrect results. Is there any recipe that traverses all pages and updates each or otherwise rebuilds the pageindex?
I was under the impression (and going back to some mail archives
confirms) that simply deleting the index and then editing a page would
subsequently cause it to be recreated, and that pageindex is not an
authoritative source, more used for optimization. So it's possible some
things you might expect to see there are not yet/ever populated.

And a quote from Pm:
"We don't want to rebuild the entire .pageindex
every time a page is edited or saved -- it takes way too long
(which is why PmWiki does it incrementally over a number of
searches and/or edits)."

  ~ ~ Dave