[pmwiki-users] How to force-update the pageindex

Randy Brown ALONGKISS at aprivatespot.com
Thu Aug 12 02:40:00 CDT 2010

That explains what happened. Thank you!

Is there a way in PHP to cause all pages to refresh their target attribute? Expirdiff iterates through all the pages to purge their history - perhaps I can adapt that. Can you suggest an instruction that would trigger a targets refresh instead?

BTW, other than this targets-corruption issue, I've found that it's very easy to distinguish links that refer to a Category page from links that define a page as belonging to a Category:

I simply created a group header for a group called Categorized, and made it redirect to the Category group header, like this: (:redirect Category.{*$Name} quiet=1:) Thus pages that are categorized using the [[!MyCategory]] markup link to the empty "Categorized" group but send the user who clicks on the link to the Category group page, where documentation of the category can live and where the pagelist looks for link={$CategoryGroup}.{*$Name}. It was that easy!

The cool part is: no user-created pages need to be changed if categorization was originally done with [[!MyCategory]] markup. Everything so far seems to work as usual, except from now on the user can write "[[Category.MyCategory]] to refer to the MyCategory page without as a side effect categorizing it as belonging to MyCategory.

Randy