[pmwiki-users] Hide side bar in "choice" skin

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Aug 12 09:34:03 CDT 2010

On 8/12/2010 3:31 AM, Litows wrote:
> I thought this may be interesting to a few.
> Has anyone tried to hide the side bar when viewing a choice skin on an
> iphone.
Nope -- unless you want to send me an iphone.

> I have started looking into bits to do this.
> I am thinking I could combine bits from the iPMWiki Skin with choice.
>
> Any leads on options to hide the sidebar in choice. I have not found a
> good solution so far.
Depends on what you mean by 'hide'. You can remove the sidebar text, and
the search bar:
   SetTmplDisplay('PageRightFmt',0);
   SetTmplDisplay('PageSearchFmt',0);

However, the action bar also lives on the sidebar area in Choice, so,
you'd need to remove/relocate that as well. Relocating depends on where
you want it to go, so that's up to you; remove it with:
   SetTmplDisplay('PageActionFmt',0);

Now you're only left with the border above the sidebar area, and the
actual space taken by the sidebar area. You can hide the border:
   $HTMLStylesFmt['choice'] .= '#right { display: none;} ';

And, finally you remove the space taken by the sidebar, by expanding the
content area:
   $HTMLStylesFmt['choice'] .= '#content { width: 100%;} ';

  ~ ~ Dave