[pmwiki-users] having trouble with google :(

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 23 18:54:33 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 06:43:26PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Have you tried Google's Webmaster tools?  http://google.com/webmasters
> That might shed some light as to why your pages aren't being indexed.
> (And let us know if it helped/didn't help, so we can give better advice
> to others in the future.  :-)

In particular, you can use the "Fetch as Googlebot" feature
(under the "Labs" menu item) to see what Googlebot sees when
it fetches the pages from your site.  You're primarily looking
for HTTP headers or meta tags that say "noindex" or "nofollow",
which will tell Googlebot not to index or follow the page.