[pmwiki-users] A save-and-view button

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Sat Feb 6 12:14:06 CST 2010

A preview begins with "Page is unsaved". That makes sense for "Preview", but would be confusing for "Save and edit".

Unless someone can suggest a better way, I'd create markup for a conditional test so the edit form can ask whether the request was "postedit". Something like this:

$Conditions['savingwithpreview'] = 'SavingWithPreview()';
function SavingWithPreview()
{
return (@$_REQUEST['postedit']>'')
}

Then on the edit form I'd put (:if savingwithpreview:) Page is unsaved (:ifend:)

This raises a question that I've been meaning to ask anyway: does adding custom conditional tests or custom page variables slow PmWiki's processing? If it doesn't slow my already slow wiki, I can think of all sorts of ways I might want to use them.

Randy