[pmwiki-users] Cookies and links

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Wed Feb 17 18:26:42 CST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:37:45 -0500
DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

>> 1. How can I assign a cookie value when people click on an external
>> link?
>You'd need to hook into the javascript click event, and log the
>cookie from javascript. However, unless you tie the cookie to some
>form of token/id on the server-side, you should not rely on the
>presence/value of a cookie for anything which needs to be secure.

I realize that it's not "secure". I just need people to go through a
flow. I took a look at: Cookbook/JavaScript-Editable.

1. Where do I put the javascript function? In the webpage? in the
local/config.php?

2. How do I save the cookie when they click on the button.

Thanks

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com