[pmwiki-users] Sending email + watchlist + notify

Bernard Bel bernarbel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:13:02 CST 2010

>On Thursday 07 January 2010 21:47:41, Bernard Bel wrote :
>>  and I set delay values to reasonable values :
>>
>> $NotifySquelch = 10800; # 3 hours
>> $NotifyDelay = 300; # 5 minutes
>
>Some ideas for debugging :
>* Check your e-mail address for typos.
>* Try with another notify=address at otherdomain.fr .
>* Check the $NotifyFrom address - on some hosting providers you need to have
>an address that exists and matches the current domain name.
>* Try with shorter squelch/delay just for testing purposes -- also, the wiki
>needs to be accessed by a visitor after the squelch for the mails to be sent.
>* Check your spam folders, in case notify messages land there.
>
>> >From both replies I understand that it should work without doing anything
>> > special to activate mail(). It remains a mystery for me that the mail()
>> > function is called nowhere in the code !
>
>When you have in config.php $EnableNotify=1; PmWiki will include the file
>scripts/notify.php which actually does the job -- mail() is called there...
>
>Petko

Thanks to you and Gilles, it is now working.

The problem was with the call of mail(). I had forgotten that this server
calls an external smtp server which requires authentication. So I
replaced the plain mail() finction with the cutomized one that other
resources are using.

How about watchlists? Any attempt to implement this feature?

Bernard Bel
Laboratoire Parole et Langage
http://lpl-aix.fr
UMR 6057 CNRS - Université de Provence

Centre de Ressources pour la Description de l'Oral (CRDO)
http://crdo.fr