[pmwiki-users] Bulk Change with FoxReplace

edwin marte edwin.marte at leidba.com
Wed Jan 13 10:12:20 CST 2010

Hello All,

I am using http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxTextReplace and plist from
powertools http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PowerTools. What I am tryng
to do is to change a bunch of text and page text variables in about 500
pages or so. So far I am able to make all the changes I want in only one
page. I have not figure it out how to give the right input parameters to
plist to work.

I am using the following below (I have made several tests, puting the target
in the foxreplace an so). When I use a page like Test.Dec0001 Works but when
I try Test.* Does not it gives me Error: no target specified or target not
found!mesage. What do I need to fix in order to put this to work for all
pages in the group?

(:fox frm  :)

(:input hidden mk01 ":Month:"  size=40:)
(:input hidden mk02 ":Succes Date:"  size=40:)

|| On Target Pages:||(:input text pat size=40:) ||
|| ||(:input submit post 'Replace Now':) ||

(:foxreplace  target='{$$(plist {$$pat})}'  foxtemplate=":mth:"
mark='{$$mk01}':)
(:foxreplace target='{$$(plist {$$pat})}'  foxtemplate=":scdate:"
mark='{$$mk02}':)

>><<
[[<<]]

>>lframe<<