[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.10 released

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Jan 17 16:28:13 CST 2010

Hello. I have released pmwiki-2.2.10 today, available at :

    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.10.tgz
    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.10.zip
     svn://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest

Most important in this release is the change of $EnableRelativePageVars to 1.
For many months it has been recommended to admins to enable it. The change is
about how {$Variable} in included pages is understood by PmWiki.

* When $EnableRelativePageVars is set to 0, {$Name} displays the name of the
  currently browsed page. Even if {$Name} is in an included page, it will
  display the name of the browsed page.
* When $EnableRelativePageVars is set to 1, {$Name} displays the name of the
  physical page where it written. If {$Name} is in an included page, it will
  display the name of the included page.
* {*$Name} always displays the name of the currently browsed page, regardless
  of $EnableRelativePageVars.

So, if your wiki relies on page variables from included pages, and doesn't
have $EnableRelativePageVars set to 1, after upgrading to 2.2.9, you can
revert to the previous behavior by adding to config.php such a line:

  $EnableRelativePageVars = 0;

More information about page variables can be found at:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables

This release adds a new variable $EnablePageTitlePriority which defines how to
treat multiple (:title..:) directives.

* PmWiki default is 0. For years, the last title directive has been used
  (it could come from an included page or a GroupFooter).
* If set to 1, the first title directive will be used, and if a page defines
  a title, directives from included pages cannot override it.

This release also adds a new variable $DiffKeepNum, specifying the minimum
number of revisions that will be kept, even if some of them are older than the
limit of $DiffKeepDays (default : 20 revisions).

A number of bugs were fixed and the documentation was updated.

Thanks,
Petko

P.S. I created version 2.2.9, but forgot to update the latest changes to the
documentation, which I fixed immediately in 2.2.10.