[pmwiki-users] Cookbook Ratings : Vote for the recipes you use

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 05:29:05 CST 2010

Monday, January 18, 2010, 11:04:43 AM, Peter Bowers wrote:

> Standardizing things has obvious advantages, but I'm afraid there's as
> many opinions how to do it as there are recipe authors...  Personally
> I'll probably implement it on a Recipe-Rating page for my recipes.

thanks for testing this, Peter.
Where this approach for rating on a recipe page, its Talk page or
its Rating page will fall down will likely be the inclusion of
the Rating2 var in pagelists, as each extra page option for Ratings
will need another search, so increase the gathering of ratings.
The change in page listings (cookbook recipe categories)
will also mean scrapping the user index which is now in place.
But this may be a good thing in the long run.

  ~Hans